Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hour Budgeting

Recently it has become an issue in our department with budgeting of hours. This is something that I haven't has to deal with in the past but I hear that it can be a problem when hotels are headed into the off season. The way that they are accounting for our hours is strange as well, they are using the food and beverage department to figure out how many hours to give to set up. This hurts us because if a group does not order any in house food we technically do not get allotted the hours that we need to set up for that group. It has not become a huge issue but it seems that it may be in the future. Being as I work upwards of fifty hours a week I wouldn't mind getting a few less hours but as the summer comes it seems like it could be a pinch. I understand the concept of budgeting our hours but the company needs to be looking at what really goes into to making this hotel run. I just thought I would get that out there if anyone had an suggestions about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment