Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Prom Season

As some of you may know it is now prom season in the fine state of Arizona. This means that convention hotels are now playgrounds for the young and the restless. Over the past few weeks we have hosted three proms for local high schools. This has been an interesting concept for me, thinking back on my high school prom experiences, thinking about what is expected of a venue to host such a thing. The stress has been the biggest aspect of these proms, because the school obviously has been working toward paying for this all year and their expectations are high. I think we have done a pretty good job so far and I know we have a few more to come but I think that overall people have been happy. But for anyone who is going to be in this situation soon I would offer this suggestion, treat every teacher that is there to help set up and organize like it is their wedding day, because most of them are just as stressed out as one would be on ones wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment