Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Meeting Planners are SCARY!

So over the last six months I have had to deal with a lot of meeting planners, let me tell you they come in all different styles! In the beginning of my time at the Sheraton we had a group of inspirational groups come in, I won't name names but you would know it if you heard it. They had hired a woman meeting planner to conduct their banquet for them. This was my first encounter with someone that had control of my job from the outside world. Now although they signed a legal binding contract with the Sheraton, the BEO, she felt that she could change anything and everything about what she had originally desired. There was one night where I spent nearly 11 hours in a room that I had already set the day before "fixing it" to her specifications. It was quite maddening but now when I look back on it I guess that she was doing just what most meeting planners do, changes, only on a scale much larger. Her group consisted of 3500 people! Long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment